Here’s my (twenty-ninth) monthly but brief update about the activities I’ve done in the F/L/OSS world.
I had been sick this month, so most of the time I spent away from system, recovering, et al, and also went through the huge backlog that I had, which is starting to get smaller. :D
Anyway, I did the following stuff in Debian:
Uploads and bug fixes:
- at (3.4.4-1) - Adding a DEP8 test for the package, fixing bug #985421.
- Mentoring for newcomers.
- Moderation of -project mailing list.
I mostly worked on different things, I guess.
I was too lazy to maintain a list of things I worked on so there’s no concrete list atm. Maybe I’ll get back to this section later or will start to list stuff from the fall, as I was doing before. :D
Debian Long Term Support (LTS) is a project to extend the lifetime of all Debian stable releases to (at least) 5 years. Debian LTS is not handled by the Debian security team, but by a separate group of volunteers and companies interested in making it a success.
And Debian Extended LTS (ELTS) is its sister project, extending support to the Jessie release (+2 years after LTS support).
This was my twenty-ninth month as a Debian LTS and eighteenth month as a Debian ELTS paid contributor.
Whilst I was assigned 42.75 hours for LTS and 45.25 hours for ELTS, I could only work a little due to being sick and so I spent 15.75 hours on LTS and 9.25 hours on ELTS and worked on the following things:
LTS CVE Fixes and Announcements:
- Issued DLA 2909-1, fixing CVE-2021-45079, for strongswan.
For Debian 9 stretch, these problems have been fixed in version 5.5.1-4+deb9u6.
- Issued DLA 2912-1, fixing CVE-2021-3850, for libphp-adodb.
For Debian 9 stretch, these problems have been fixed in version 5.20.9-1+deb9u1.
- Issued DLA 2913-1, fixing CVE-2022-24130, for xterm.
For Debian 9 stretch, these problems have been fixed in version 327-2+deb9u2.
- Issued DLA 2918-1, fixing CVE-2021-20001, for debian-edu-config.
For Debian 9 stretch, these problems have been fixed in version 1.929+deb9u5.
- Simultaneously, I’ve been working on the python* update but couldn’t complete due to illness.
ELTS CVE Fixes and Announcements:
- Issued ELA 559-1, fixing CVE-2018-6561, CVE-2020-4051, and CVE-2021-23450, for dojo.
For Debian 8 jessie, these problems have been fixed in version 1.10.2+dfsg-1+deb8u4.
- Issued ELA 560-1, fixing CVE-2021-3850, for libphp-adodb.
For Debian 8 jessie, these problems have been fixed in version 5.15-1+deb8u2.
- Issued ELA 561-1, fixing CVE-2022-24130, for xterm.
For Debian 8 jessie, these problems have been fixed in version 312-2+deb8u4.
- Also looking at python2.7 and python3.4 updates for jessie but couldn’t complete due to illness.
Other (E)LTS Work:
- Triaged xterm, dojo, strongswan, debian-edu-config, libphp-adodb, and libgit2,
- Read through the logs of the monthly Debian LTS meeting.
- Answered questions (& discussions) on IRC (#debian-lts and #debian-elts).
- General and other discussions on LTS private and public mailing list.
Debian LTS Survey
I’ve spent 10 hours on the LTS survey on the following bits:
(and 5 hours of the last month that I’m going to invoice this month)
- Put most of the content in the instance according to the question type.
- Been going back and forth updating the status of the survey on the issue.
- Trying to find a way to send to DDs - discussing with DPL, Raphael, and other people on the issue itself.
- Completing the last bits to start the survey for the paid contributors, at least. Talking to Jeremiah about this.
Until next time.
:wq for today.