Here’s my (forty-fifth) monthly but brief update about the activities I’ve done in the F/L/OSS world.
There’s a bunch of things I do, both, technical and non-technical. Here are the things I did this month:
- Moderation of -project mailing list.
- Mentoring for newcomers.
- Bursary team stuff - starting to analyze requests, gathering refs, and dry-running the scripts.
A huge thanks to Freexian for sponsoring my Debian work. :D
I mostly worked on different things, I guess.
I was too lazy to maintain a list of things I worked on so there’s no concrete list atm. Maybe I’ll get back to this section later or will start to list stuff from the fall, as I was doing before. :D
Debian Long Term Support (LTS) is a project to extend the lifetime of all Debian stable releases to (at least) 5 years. Debian LTS is not handled by the Debian security team, but by a separate group of volunteers and companies interested in making it a success.
And Debian Extended LTS (ELTS) is its sister project, extending support to the stretch and jessie release (+2 years after LTS support).
This was my forty-fifth month as a Debian LTS and thirty-sixth month as a Debian ELTS paid contributor.
I worked for 11.75 hours for LTS and 0.00 hours for ELTS.
LTS CVE Fixes and Announcements:
- Issued DLA 3450-1, fixing CVE-2021-33621 and CVE-2022-28739, for ruby2.5.
For Debian 10 buster, these problems have been fixed in version 2.5.5-3+deb10u6.
- Replied to Roberto’s mail for the ruby2.5 regression post-mortem.
- Prepared ruby-rack security update for the security team.
- Some regressions reported in ruby-sinatra’s autopkgtest. Investigating further.
- Started to prep ruby2.7 security update but paused that work in favor of investigating the regression above.
Other (E)LTS Work:
- Triaged ruby-rack, ruby-sinatra, ruby2.5, ruby2.7.
- Helped and assisted fellow Freexian contributors (LTS/ELTS/internally).
- Answered questions (& discussions) on IRC (#debian-lts and #debian-elts) and Matrix.
- Participated and helped fellow members with their queries via private mail and chat.
- General and other discussions on LTS private and public mailing list.
- Attended the monthly LTS meeting.
Until next time.
:wq for today.