Here’s my (forty-sixth) monthly but brief update about the activities I’ve done in the F/L/OSS world.
There’s a bunch of things I do, both, technical and non-technical. Here are the things I did this month:
- redmine (5.0.4-7) - Add patch to let redmine run from its own user. (debbug#1022815)
- redmine (5.0.4-5~bpo11+2) - Backporting the above changes to bullseye.
- Mentoring for newcomers.
- Sponsored matthiasmullie-minify for Athos.
- Bug work and MR review for redmine.
- Moderation of -project mailing list.
- DebConf Bursary work. Quite a month. But the bursary stuff is mostly done, we have rolled out the second batch already. About to do the final round super soon.
A huge thanks to Freexian for sponsoring my Debian work and Entrouvert for sponsoring the Redmine backports. :D
I mostly worked on different things, I guess.
I was too lazy to maintain a list of things I worked on so there’s no concrete list atm. Maybe I’ll get back to this section later or will start to list stuff from the fall, as I was doing before. :D
Debian Long Term Support (LTS) is a project to extend the lifetime of all Debian stable releases to (at least) 5 years. Debian LTS is not handled by the Debian security team, but by a separate group of volunteers and companies interested in making it a success.
And Debian Extended LTS (ELTS) is its sister project, extending support to the stretch and jessie release (+2 years after LTS support).
This was my forty-sixth month as a Debian LTS and thirty-third month as a Debian ELTS paid contributor.
I worked for 1.5 hours for LTS and 1.00 hours for ELTS.
- ruby-rack v/s ruby-sinatra regression investigation. Took 30 minutes, roughly.
- Started to look at ruby-rack for stretch, a general triage and understanding the issue this month. Will continue to work on this and rails next month.
Other (E)LTS Work:
- Triaged ruby-rack.
- Answered questions (& discussions) on IRC (#debian-lts and #debian-elts) and Matrix.
- Participated and helped fellow members with their queries via private mail and chat.
- General and other discussions on LTS private and public mailing list.
- Attended the monthly LTS meeting.
Until next time.
:wq for today.